Moreau Catholic High School, a co-educational, Catholic high school in the Holy Cross tradition, is currently seeking a Temporary School Counselor. This position will work a full-time schedule (Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.), and the duration of the temporary assignment is August 10, 2016, through November 25, 2016.
Located in Hayward, California, Moreau Catholic is a college preparatory community that strives to educate the hearts and minds of our students. We are looking for candidates who embrace 21st-century learning, a positive approach to student discipline, and a Holy Cross commitment to provide our students the opportunity to grow in academic, social, and spiritual learning experiences.
The successful candidate will support a section of our student population in college and academic counseling. Duties include:
- Work as a member of a cohesive team, coordinating and disseminating information about college admissions, scholarships, summer enrichment programs, college testing, etc.
- Coordinate college representative visits.
- Coordinate college financial and scholarship information for students.
- Assist with the school testing program.
- Participate in evening events (e.g., Back-to-School Night, College Night, Financial Aid Night, etc.).
Requires Bachelor’s degree in a related field, 3+ years’ experience in a high school counseling program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree and PPS credential is desirable.
To apply, send resume and letter of interest to James Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org