Philosophy of Teaching
Teaching at Moreau Catholic High School reflects the spirit and dedication of Father Basil Moreau. Moreau Catholic is committed to empowering teachers to make thoughtful, informed decisions about instructional strategies and ways to support students’ learning. The school actively pursues excellence through professional enrichment to promote life-long learning. Teachers challenge and guide students to become people of values as well as scholars by having high expectations of all students while recognizing individual differences of students. Teachers at Moreau Catholic facilitate the educational process of information at the service of formation directed towards transformation.
The nature of teaching requires continuous growth in order to engage and challenge increasingly diverse students in a rapidly changing world. The core of this philosophy centers around the following teaching practices:
- Engaging, supporting and challenging all students in learning.
- Creating and maintaining effective environments for student learning.
- Understanding and organizing subject matter for student learning.
- Planning instruction and designing learning experiences for all students.
- Continuous assessment of student learning.
- Developing as a professional educator.
“We will always place education side by side with instruction; the mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart ”
Blessed Basil Moreau
to download the 2011-12 Course Description Guide