The goal of the service program is to challenge students to be involved in their local communities by volunteering in response to the needs that are present there. Students volunteer to work only with non-profit agencies. At the end of their four-year studies, each student will have been given the opportunity to experience a variety of services that will also help them clarify their particular gifts and talents.
The service requirement has been designed to achieve the following objectives:
For more specific guidelines, please see the CCS Packet document located below.
- to emphasize to both parents and students the importance Moreau Catholic High School places on service to people especially those in need, by requiring a minimum of 80 hours of service for graduation.
- to provide the students the opportunity to reflect and learn from their experiences. Each student is required to submit a 2 to 3 paragraph reflection after completing the work.
All students should complete a minimum of 20 hours per year, reaching a total of 80 hours by January of their senior year. All students should complete 20 hours in the areas of Environment and Ecology and at least 20 hours in working In Solidarity with the Poor. These can be completed at any time throughout their four years at Moreau Catholic. Those students who do not complete a minimum of 20 hours per year will face disciplinary consequences including prohibitions from clubs, activities, and dances. The deadline for submission of all hours by seniors is on January 8, 2013.
All hours will need to be submitted by completing the downloadable form. The form should be given to the student's Assistant Principal. Additionally, in the 2012-2013 school year, C/CS reflections will be incorporated more meaningfully into all students' Theology classes. There will be random checks done throughout the year to verify hours completed. Any student found to have forged their information will be subject to severe disciplinary consequences.
Please note that for any project requiring a student's absence from school (such as 8th grade retreats, camps, etc.) must meet the following criteria:
For additional questions, please contact Assistant Principal, Mrs. Katie Teekell.
- The request to participate must be made to the student's assistant principal at least two weeks in advance.
- A parental note and/or note from the organization must be on file in the attendance office.
- A student's attendance record will be considered in the process of approval. Absences for CCS hour completion are counted as excused absences.
- The student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Student requesting absence to perform a project must be in good disciplinary standing.
- All arrangements for volunteering including transportation to/from are the responsibility of the student.
Download the CCS Packet along with the Hour Submission Form:
> CCS Form
> Volunteer Information Form