Saint Andre Program
Who was St. André?
The only saint to come from the Congregation of Holy Cross so far, St. André Bessette was a humble man who led a remarkable life of service. At Moreau Catholic, we strive to inspire students to become the living legacy of St. André in our community.
What is the St. André program?
The St. André Program is a special pathway which supports students of great academic promise in achieving the college preparatory standards of our school. St. André Scholars take a rigorous course load each year and are encouraged to participate fully in our rich extracurricular life.
What kind of support is available?
- Summer Bridge classes focusing on math and science readiness before 9th grade
- Study Skills class in 9th grade
- Opportunity to take Guided Study classes after 9th grade for additional homework time and support
- Smaller class sizes in core subject areas
- Mentoring with experienced and caring faculty members
- Fellowship and community building with their St. André cohort
- Ongoing parent communication and support
How are students selected for the program?
Incoming freshmen are identiﬁed for the St. André Program by the Admissions Committee after a comprehensive review of standardized test scores, grades, teacher recommendations, and interviews.
Who can I contact for more information?
Ms. Kristin Hannon ’02
Assistant Principal of Instruction