Athletics for Parents
The Moreau Catholic High School Athletic Department strives to meet the life needs of the individual student.
The department offers a broad-based, competitive program, which provides a meaningful and structured arena in which students learn to cope with problems and situations similar to conditions prevailing in the contemporary world.
The athletic program fosters the development of Christian attitudes toward healthy competition, an appreciation for the value of teamwork, the importance of commitment and hard work in achieving short and long term goals, and respect and tolerance for the abilities and opinions of others.
Students and parents should set a good example in the matter of sportsmanship. Cheers should be of a positive nature and only directed towards our athletes. At no point should negative cheers be directed at an opponent, opposing coach, or an official.
Players and spectators should model their sportsmanship to a high standard. To this end they should:
- Remember that a student/parent spectator represents the school in the same manner as does the participating athlete.
- Appreciate an exhibition of fine play or good sportsmanship by any player or team.
- Accept the decision of the officials.
- Abusive remarks and language are unacceptable.
- Be considerate of the injured player(s) on both teams.
- Respect the opponent’s campus.
- Never belittle an opponent.
- Never direct abusive remarks at individual players or officials during a contest.
- Never “boo” a penalty.
- Noisemakers or musical instruments of any kind not associated with an organized and moderated pep band are prohibited at all games.
- Any signs must be approved by the respective Athletic Directors (home or away contests), prior to being posted. Signs for home games may only be posted in designated areas. Signs to be used at away games must be approved by the home team’s Athletic Director. Any signs deemed to be offensive in nature will be removed by Moreau Catholic High School staff.
- Students are bound by all rules and regulations of other schools when our teams are competing at a site other than Moreau Catholic High School.
- All Mission Valley Athletic League school rules and regulations concerning competition and deportment are in effect for all games, (league and practice; home or away).
- Students, Parents, and fans are required to respect and follow the directives of any Moreau Catholic High School faculty or staff member at games.
- Students or parents not respecting the sportsmanship code may be removed from the game.