Covid-19 Updates and Protocols
Moreau Catholic High School follows the guidelines and protocols for COVID-19 as recommended by Alameda County Public Health Department and the State of California. As guidelines and protocols evolve throughout the school year, Moreau Catholic will provide updates to families in the OnCourse and on the school’s website.
The following is in line with the most current recommendations if a student has symptoms and/or tests positive for Covid-19:
- If you are experiencing symptoms, do NOT attend school and take a COVID test. If the test is negative, take another test 2 days later. If it remains negative you may return to school when your symptoms have improved and you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
- If you test positive for COVID (with or without symptoms), you should isolate for a minimum of 5 days from when symptoms started or when you tested positive.
- You may test out of isolation on Day 5 or Day 6, as long as symptoms have improved and you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
- Isolation may end on Day 7, without a negative test, as long as symptoms have improved and you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
- Students should wear a mask for 10 days from when they tested positive.
The following are guidelines if a student has been identified as a possible “close contact”:
- Test 3-5 days after exposure (this may be with a rapid at-home antigen test or a PCR test).
- Wear a mask for 10 days after exposure.
- Monitor for symptoms and stay home and test if you develop any.
Note about expired test kits
The FDA has given most test kits an “extended expiration date”. If the “control” line is visible the test is valid. If you are concerned please check on the FDA website: https://www.fda.gov/medical-
Contact the Moreau Catholic Attendance Office (email@example.com or 510-881-43410) and the Covid Liaison, Mrs. Galloway (firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-881-4312), if you test positive for Covid. It is also recommended that you reach out to your teachers to ensure you stay up with your classwork.