New Appearance Code
The Moreau Catholic Leadership Team announced that beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, Moreau students will be able to show their Mariner pride every day with a revised Appearance Code that offers students “Marinerwear” options.
Moreau Catholic High School has selected SportPacks as the official vendor for Marinerwear, where parents can purchase the new "Appearance Code Approved" apparel. *
* Students are allowed to wear previously purchased outerwear with the Moreau Catholic logo, including Class of 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 sweatshirts.
* Students are not allowed to wear previously purchased polo shirts. All polo shirts must be purchased through SportPacks.
Appearance Code policy, from the 2018-19 Student Parent Handbook:
10.1 APPEARANCE CODE
In keeping with its mission statement, Moreau Catholic High School expects its students to demonstrate good taste and modesty in their appearance, as appropriate to an educational environment.
School approved apparel fosters the idea that a student’s uniqueness derives from within, not from his or her appearance. In addition, dress regulations contribute to a positive school learning environment and lend dignity and pride to the school community.
The school administrators, in consultation with the Principal, have ultimate responsibility and authority for all issues pertaining to the appearance code.
Apparel choices for all students:
1) SHIRTS: Approved unaltered polo shirts with the Moreau Catholic logo. Color options include dark green, black, graphite, and light stone. Polos must be buttoned to four inches from the top of the shirt collar and fall below the waistband when seated. Approved unaltered long-sleeve polo shirts with the Moreau Catholic logo are optional.
2) PANTS: Solid cotton twill long or corduroy pants fitted at the waist. Pants that are “sagging” are not acceptable. Shorts must be cotton twill and fitted at the waist and must fall four inches above the middle of the knee or lower. No jeans allowed.
3) SKIRTS: Solid cotton twill skirts fitted at the waist and must fall four inches above the middle of the knee or lower. Leggings and tights under skirts are acceptable if the skirt is four inches above the knee. Approved polo must be worn with the skirt.
5) SHOES: Shoes must have backs or back straps. No “slides” or backless shoes or heels above two inches allowed.
6) HAIR must be well groomed and no inappropriate hairstyles will be allowed. If any question, a Dean will decide whether a particular style or hair color may be worn. Male students are allowed neatly trimmed beards and/or goatees.
7) Other Guidelines:
• Clothing must be neat and in good repair, with no holes, tears, rips or frayed edges.
• No “jeggings,” leggings, sweats or tights may substitute for pants
• No camouflage clothing
• No pajamas or sleepwear
• No baggy or tight clothing allowed
• No tank tops, spaghetti straps or sleeveless tops
• Inappropriate words, graphics, symbols, decorations, or chains are not allowed on clothing or bags.
• No visible tattoos are allowed.
• Hats, bandanas, hoodies and sweatbands are not permitted at any time indoors during the school day. Sunglasses may not be worn inside school buildings.
• Emergencies, including injuries, which cause students to be out of appearance code must be reported to a Dean immediately.
• Any appeal of the appearance code for religious reasons must be documented each year by the student and family.
On days of athletic contests, student-athletes are required to be in appearance code. Team members may wear appropriate team tops (jersey, jacket, or other outerwear) with pants, shorts, or skirts in compliance with the appearance code. Any exceptions to this rule need the approval of the Director of Athletics.
Students who do not comply with the appearance code - at anytime during the school day - will receive the following consequences:
- First violation - A warning, parent/guardian contact and the student will not be allowed to attend classes until the situation is rectified through a meeting with the Deans or having the required clothing delivered to school.
- Second violation - The student will be sent home for that day, receive a Saturday detention, and is responsible for any work missed.
- Continued non-compliance - Student will face disciplinary probation, activity restriction, and/or suspension or further disciplinary actions.