Students who have been accepted into the National Honors Society provide tutoring for current Moreau students in the Learning Center before and after school, and during most office hours. National Honors Society students are sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher who have demonstrated academic success along with strong leadership skills, and have applied and been accepted into the National Honors Society.
Professional, adult tutors provide expertise and skill-development during individual sessions. Adult tutors are professional educators who are trained to work with students of all skill levels and learning styles.
Supervised Homework Study
The Learning Center is available for students who require a quiet, supervised setting to successfully complete school assignments. Drop in spaces are available before and after school, and during am and pm office hours.
Guided Study is a single semester independent work period that is graded pass/fail. This course is scheduled with Counselor approval or assignment. Students work with the Learning Center staff to develop academic skills based on assessed needs including organization and time management.
Learning Center Staff:
- Moreau Catholic Graduate, Class of 1989
- Master of Arts in Counseling from St. Marys College of California
- Over ten years experience working directly with teens and families to enhance academic performance, life skills, and family relationships in large and small group settings, as well as individual counseling and education sessions
- Moreau Catholic Graduate, Class of 2013
- Moreau Catholic Alumni Fellow
- BA in English from Notre Dame de Namur University